Frequently Asked Questions

Red Yellow Green Lights


Q:  Is Globe Driving School a certified school?

A: Yes Globe Driving School is fully certified. We are a MINISTRY- APPROVED BEGINNER DRIVER EDUCATION course provider, and we are a strong supporter of the Driving School Association of Ontario.

Q: Are Globe Driving School certificates recognized by the Insurance Industry?

A: Yes Globe Driving School is a MINISTRY- APPROVED BEGINNER DRIVER EDUCATION course provider. Our graduate certificates are honoured by the Insurance Industry.

Q: When can we get started on Beginners Driver Education?

A: You can start on any weekday or weekend. We offer a flexible schedule (including evenings and weekends) to fit students’ needs.

Q: How long does it take to complete the program?

A: The length of time it takes to complete a program depends on which course you need to take. Please visit the ‘Courses‘ page for further information.

Q: How long does it take to complete the program?

Well the average student takes about 4 – 8 weeks to complete the entire program. The fastest would probably be 2 weekends in class and 2 weeks for the road lessons. But we strongly recommend that you don’t rush things.

Q: What type of car would I be driving?

A: Safety is our first priority. You will be driving a Toyota Corrolla, which are excellent cars with many safety features, including dual brakes for your safety.

Q: When can I take the road test?

A: Your instructor will advise you as to when you are ready to take the road test. To be eligible, you must be at least 16 years of age.

Q: Will Globe Driving Academy arrange for my road test?

A: Yes, we will arrange for your road test. You can even rent one of our cars for your road test.

Q: What if I fail my test?

A: You can take your test again the very next day, depending on availability of space.

Q: Is the course fee Tax Deductible?

A: Talk to your accountant he/she will advise you best on this. With our experience if you are getting your licence for work then it usually is a write off. But this does not mean going to work. If your work requires you to drive e.g. a sales job, Canada Post needs drivers, or some sort of a delivery job etc.

 Q:  Do I have to do the course?

A: No if you don’t have the time you can just take the in car portion of the course and go for your licence, but you will not get a certificate for your insurance. Its not recommended to take this path because your insurance premiums will be too high.

Q: How do I register?

A: Call us at 647-351-8225 or just show up on the day of the class (weekend course only). But if coming in for the 4 day condensed courses then pre registration is required, seating is limited. You can also register online at